Take a Moment to Think About your Decision
Your decision to join our program as an egg donor is extremely important. We would like you to take a moment to consider the questions below. They may be helpful to you when deciding if you wish to proceed in becoming an egg donor.
- Why do you wish to become an egg donor?
- How would you feel if a child is conceived as a result of your donation?
- Do you wish to know if a child is conceived as a result of your donation?
- How many families do you wish to be created as a result of your donation?
- What will you tell your family, friends, and children? How would they feel about this?
- How would you feel if the donor-conceived child wishes to contact you at 18 years of age or earlier?
- How would you feel if the recipients have very different values and ways of parenting to your own values and ways of parenting?
- What is the current state law regarding the donation of oocytes?
As part of the process of becoming an egg donor, you will need to attend counselling sessions by a nominated City Fertility Centre counsellor. The sessions are an opportunity to receive information and to have any questions answered concerning social and legal issues of egg donation. Counselling is mandatory for all donors and their partners.
If you feel like you need more information or just need someone to talk to, please feel free to contact our friendly staff to discuss any questions you may have. We are here to help.
Are you Ready to Become an Egg Donor?
Contact Our Friendly Staff Today!
Find Your Clinic
New South Wales
The donation of reproductive tissue in Australia must be altruistic; and
All advertisements from Victorians must be approved by the Minister for Health in Victoria in order to comply with the relevant legislative requirements.
This advertisement has been approved under the Transplantation and Anatomy Act 1979 (QLD) for advertisement in Queensland.