Women of all ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds can become egg donors. This includes women of all different heights, shapes and sizes, as long as you meet the prerequisites below:
– had sexual activity with any person known to have been exposed to HIV,
– engaged in sexual activity with a male or female sex worker,
– been a female sex worker (eg: received payment for sex in money, gifts etc.),
– used an injectable non-prescription drug,
– had a blood/body fluid splash in your eyes, mouth, nose or broken skin with someone you might think would have been exposed to any of the issues mentioned above,
– had a blood transfusion,
– been imprisoned
– been a smoker (must have been smoke free for 12 months)
– clotting factors for clotting disorders (Factor VIII or Factor IX),
– transplant or graft (organ, corneas, dura mater, bone etc.),
– human growth hormone derived from human pituitary gland or human pituitary derived graft material
– Hepatitis B,
– Hepatitis C,
– HTLV 1 and 2
– If married or in a defacto relationship, the partner must consent to the donation.
– Ideally you have completed your own family.
Our friendly staff is available to discuss any questions you may have about our donor program, so please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you.
Learn more about what is involved